Terms & Conditions
Your use of this site and/or the services is at your own risk. While every effort is made to keep website content up to date and accurate, Protechnology has no liability for any errors or omissions in the materials whether provided by Protechnology or our maintenance or hosting service providers.
Content may include inaccuracies or typographical or other errors. Protechnology does not warrant the accuracy of timeliness of the materials, submissions or content contained on this site.
Unless otherwise explicitly stated, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, this site, the services, materials, submissions, and any information or material contained or presented on this site is provided to you on an “as is,” “as available” and “where-is” basis with no warranty of implied warranty of merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of third party rights. Protechnology does not provide any warranties against viruses, spyware or malware that may be installed on your computer.
Terms & Conditions of Use
- Content of the Website.
Whilst every effort is made to update the information provided on this website on a regular basis, Protechnology makes no representations or warranties, whether express, implied in law or residual, as to the accuracy, completeness and/or reliability of any information, data and/or content contained on the website (including but not limited to any information which may be provided by the various clients, companies, partners and suppliers of Protechnology (collectively “information”) and shall not be bound in any manner by any information. Protechnology reserves the right at any time to change or discontinue without notice, any aspect or feature of this website. No information contained on the website (and whether posted by Protechnology or any of its partners, clients or suppliers Protechnology ) shall be construed as advice and same are offered for information purposes only.
- Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights.
Copyright and all intellectual property rights to all inforamtion, materials, text, drawings and data made available on this website (collectively “materials”) are owned by Protechnology alternatively, Protechnology is the lawful user thereof and is protected by both South African and international intellectual property laws. Accordingly, any unauthorised copying, reproduction, retransmission, distribution, dissemination, sale, publication, broadcast or other circulation or exploitation of such material as a foresaid or any component there of will constitute an infringement of such copyright and other intellectual property rights; save that you may use the materials or any component there of for your own internal business purposes The trademarks, names, logos and service marks (collectively “trademarks”) displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trademarks of Protechnology. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any trademarks without the prior written consent of Protechnology.
- External links.
External links may be provided for your convenience, but they are beyond the control of Protechnology and no representation is made as to their content. Use or reliance on any external links provided is at your own risk. When visiting external links you must refer to that external websites terms and conditions of use. No hypertext links shall be created from any website controlled by you or otherwise to this website without the express prior written permission of Protechnology.
- Submissions to the Website.
- By accessing the website and subject to section 8 you hereby grant Protechnology a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to link to, utilise, use, copy, exploit, and/or prepare derivative works of any information submitted by you to the website.
- Not with standing 1, Protechnology is not responsible for any material submitted to the website and/or any public areas of the website by you. Any material (whether submitted by you or any other user) is not endorsed, reviewed or approved by Protechnology. Protechnology reserves the right to remove any material submitted or posted by you to the website and in the public areas, without notice to you, if it becomes aware and determines, in its sole and absolute discretion that you are or there is the likelihood that you may –
- upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programmes that may damage the operation of Protechnology’s and/or a third party’s computer system and/or network;
- violate any copyright, trademark, other applicable South African or international laws or intellectual property rights of Protechnology or any other third party;
- upload, post or in any other way transmit information which you are not authorised to transmit.
- Website content posted by external parties
Hacking of websites is common and while every attempt is made to prevent it, the complex nature of a site such as this makes hacking a reality. Should an unauthorised person post any message or material that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, indecent, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, sexually orientated, racially offensive, profane, pornographic or violates any applicable law and you hereby indemnify Protechnology against any loss, liability, damage or expense of whatever nature which Protechnology or any third party may suffer which is caused by or attributable to, whether directly or indirectly, your use of the website.
- Warranties, Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability.
Protechnology makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether express, implied in law or residual) regarding the website and any of the information contained on the website. Accordingly, the website is made available and the information is provided to you on an “as is” basis. Protechnology shall not be responsible for and disclaims all liability for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature what so ever which may be suffered by you or any third party, as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to your access and use of the website and any information contained on or accessed via the website and you hereby indemnify Protechnology in respect of any loss, liability, damage (whether direct or consequential) or expense of any nature what so ever, which may be suffered by such you and/or third party as a result of or which may be attributable directly or indirectly to any of the aforesaid. Not with standing anything to the contrary contained herein, Protechnology shall not be liable for any indirect, contingent or consequential loss (including but not to loss of business, loss of data and/or loss of profits) incurred or sustained by you or any third party how so ever arising in respect of your use of and/or reliance of on any information offered on or via the website. You further acknowledge and agree that your access to the website will not be free of interruptions, errors, technical inaccuracies, problems or other limitations, and that the website may be unavailable from time to time. You accordingly assume total responsibility and risk for your use of and reliance on the website and any information accessed via the website.
- Protechnology is sensitive to the private nature of information you provide to us over the Internet.
- In addition, our web servers may automatically collect web site usage information from you when you visit our website. Website usage information informs us about how our visitors and subscribers use and navigate our website, including the number and frequency of users to each webpage, their IP address and the length of their stays. We may use this information to inter alia enable us to improve your experience on the website; to improve and develop new products, features and services; to provide marketing with aggregate information about our userbase and usage patterns; to allow us to personalise the advertising users see based on their personal characteristics or preferences and for other purposes.
- Address for service
Protechnology Group (PTY) LTD t/a Protechnology
Registration No. 2014/180146/07
Telephone: +27 31 825 2524
Postal Address:17 Hadden Place, Hillary, Durban, 4094
- Protechnology shall be entitled from time to time, by giving notice to you to vary its physical address for service to any other physical address within the Republic of South Africa, and to vary its facsimile address for service to any other facsimile number.
- Should Protechnology be prevented from fulfilling any of its obligations to you as a result of any event of force majeure, then those obligations shall be deemed to have been suspended to the extent that and for as long as Protechnology is so prevented from fulfilling them and your corresponding obligations shall be suspended to the corresponding extent.
An “event of force majeure” shall mean any event or circumstance what so ever which is not within the reasonable control of the affected party including, without limitation, vis major, casus fortuitus, any act of God, strike, theft, riots, explosion, insurrection or other similar disorder, war (whether declared or not) or military operations, the downtime of any telecommunications line, power failure, international restrictions, any requirement of any international authority, any requirement of any government or other competent local authority, any court order, export control or shortage of transport facilities.